Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Well from the distance cant tell much other than it appears to be dead hooked and tripped the 60' beams with something other than the front tire it appears. Looks like the G meter, which I assume is the second graph is shows the same. Converter is WAY WAY tight. Looks like flash is 62-6300 shifting at 77-7800 falling back to 6200ish is simple KILLING it. G Forces will fall steadily throughout the run from beginning to end. The "choppiness" could be many things but doubt it is anything major. Could be the way the recorded is mounted could be how it is mounted to could be tracks a tad rough. By the looks of it its choppy the entire run..Wouldn't read a lot into that. Plenty to fix with the dead hook and converter for now Id say.

FWIW here is a more typical data log of a G Meter, also shows driveshaft and engine rpm

[Linked Image]

Al, shifts are 7500 on the 1/2 and 7300 on the 2/3. Flash 6300? So i have about a drop of 1200 low to second, 1000 2nd to 3rd. I will have to see if the G meter can vibrate , causing the rough graph.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky