I just went on the Hot Rod Power Tour and now I really would like to have an overdrive tranny in my Challenger (SB360). I know there have been a few people to do the A518 conversion in their cars and I direct these these questions mainly to them, but feel free to answer if you have found some good information.

On the Tour, I talked to KEISLER about doing the swap and they said it can not be done with out modifying the body. They just started selling a new computerized auto tranny for Mopar vehicles for about $4500 which is suppose to fit without hitting.

Well I do not have that kind of money to put just in a tranny. I know that US CAR Tool put a A518 behind a 340 in a Challenger and said that there were no body mods, so is this possible?

I know that the crossmember has to be modified and the tranny housing has to be grinded a little, and that is not a problem. My main concern is the tranny angle. Is it possible to put the A518 in the car and still retain the stock tranny angle, so I do not have any vibration problems?

If you have attempted this type of conversion, please let me know the problems you have had.
Thanks