Originally Posted by gregsdart
Each time we fattened it up it made more power. About 4 hp per step. So there might be a little more power when i get some smaller main pills to fatten it more yet. I will need them anyway as the DA was 3077 when tuning. Add that to the possible gain from vacuum working, it should go over 930 hp or more. Andy, whats a dry sump worth?😁

A dry sump is worth from zero to 50 hp depending on the combo. If you have a really good deep wet sump on the engine right now with a good windage tray, scraper and vacuum pump then you probably won't see much difference with a dry sump. If you have a shallow pan that is compromised by the chassis design then you could pick up quite a bit. All depends on how good your oil control is with the wet sump.

Do you have gas ported pistons and narrow rings in the engine? If you do then a dry sump (or more pan vacuum) should pick up power. The shortblock really needs to be built for pan vacuum to make more power. I used a lot of those tricks to make 900+ hp with the 514 that had Indy EZ heads on it. Gas porting, narrow rings, skirt coatings, bearing coatings, dry sump, etc. If you're trying to push the power up close to four digits you have to dig into the special parts bin.

Last edited by AndyF; 07/31/20 06:30 PM.