Originally Posted by Mr T2U
Originally Posted by hemi70se
I would not recommend buying that. With that many miles it is probably going to have cam lobe failure real soon. Especially prone to gov't vehicles that they let idle a lot so they can keep the heater going in winter. Try finding a replacement 2500 Non-MDS Hemi motor... you'll pay big $$

this was similar to my original thought as well. from the looks of it it has been ridden really hard and put away really wet multiple times.
i figured i could buy it really cheap, i have no clue what they actually paid for it, but it couldn't have been much. for the UCD to buy something so beat up at auction. they usually don't buy something like that unless it was extremely cheap. they would have to put more $$$ into perfuming it up than what they paid for it.

my 2000 ram isn't a looker but it's reliable and the problem areas have been taken care of. i think i will hang on to it until at least next spring.

I've had a 98 Ram with a 360, and both a MDS & a Non-MDS 5.7 with the newer eagle heads 09+.
Three things right off the top of my head...
1) The 5.7 will get considerably better gas mileage & pull anything the 360 could. up
2) You won't have to yank it apart just to change a stinking plenum gasket. whistling
3) And being a 2009... it still has a few years before the brake lines rust through.
_ (The 2000 Ram lines have either been replaced, or living on borrowed time) runaway

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger