Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
We had a decent showing this weekend I think. The motor was probably hurt in Q2 on Saturday and that's why we slowed up. Jason was just pulling away from me at half track so I pushed the clutch in. The gains that we have found on a Dyno definitely showed up in q1. The oil pressure was low on the dyno before we left and at the track we only had 33 pounds on the chip and 42 pounds at the strip. We just ran out of time to take the motor back of part and find out what the problem was before we had to leave. .I don't think we have any major damage so we should be able to fix it pretty easily.
We should be able to get out and test before we race in Topeka to figure out what ratios the new engine combination likes. What I think is going on is that the motor is so much better above 10,000 I don't have to run as much gear in second third and fourth. Which is a good thing because then the mph will probably come up another one to one and a half at the finish line
By the time we race again the back up motor should beto.ust as good as the motor we ran on Saturday we're just waiting on some new Parts.
We also received a new Hogan's manifold just before we pulled out for Indy that we are excited to see what that's worth on the dyno and also try it when we go testing.
I know you always hear how you could have ran faster but I guarantee we could have easily gone 6.66 in q1 and that is very competitive compared to the fastest car. we have turned the corner that I will prove that the Mopar is just as good at the Chevy as we don't invest a quarter of the amount of R&D money that they have.
Another exciting part of this whole deal is. The car is actually is going down the race track straight as an arrow and I don't have to drive it all over the racetrack.

What is your normal oil pressure?

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.