Originally Posted by 3hundred
I recognized that deck as a Pioneer. My little brother had very similar style one in his '68 Fury Fastop. I seem to remember 3 or 4 configurations of that type.

To my knowledge, there are three that share this chassis. One is tape only, the next up the range is this one with FM & Tape, and then a top dog with AM, FM and tape.

I wanted this chassis specifically because the face angles up to face the driver/passenger. The way the dash is styled in this car, a flat-faced tape deck would be quite out-of-reach for people sitting in the front seat.
And, this is a TP-800, basically the same innards as the famous TP-900 "Supertuner". The FM section in these radios is legendary and the tape section is quite robust as well. I had a TP-900 in my Gremlin for YEARS and it never failed me and would pull in radio stations CLEARLY from 800 kilometers away.

TP-900's are the ones with the round dial for the radio. They go for HUGE money on ebay. I finally broke down and sold mine for $325 just because I couldn't resist that kind of money. All my 8-track decks are Quadraphonic anyway. Stereo is so 1967. :P

Last edited by RamblerMan; 07/12/20 10:46 PM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....