So this pretty much happened to me a year and a half ago;
As a kid a Valiant drag car used to go past my parents house every Friday on its way to the races and I loved it. I didn't know who or where it was from but it always went by and I always watched for it. Then in the mid eighties it went by with a for sale sign and at time I had no money (20-21 yrs old) . Then in '87 I went to the local drag strip that had just reopened after several years of closure and there it was. After a period of time I became friends with the new owner which led to becoming friends with the original owner as they were both long time friends. Anyway a lot of time had/has past and the second owner says he is going to sell the car but he is reserving it for the original owners (since passed) two sons. Turned out they were not interested in the car and with no need nor plans I bought it just because it was the first race car I thougt was cool. Future plans are to put a paint job and wheels as it was in the late seventies and put a blower on it and do some AA/G stuff.
First pic is from the '80s, Second is from the mid '90s to present and last is from the late '70s

IMG_2147.JPGIMG_2143.JPGIMG_1912.JPG

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd