Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I have caught a bunch of Gopher Snakes in the mountains and high deserts in SO CA, they are good snake to have around as they eat mice and rats and I've been told rattlers and sidewinders as well work That one looks a lot lighter in color than the CA Gopher and Bull snakes, maybe it is the camera and computer making this one look a lot lighter in color work The ones I caught and saw in CA where yellow and brown, long and skinny and not afraid of people shruggy
They will bite you once or twice when you first pick them up but they become very calm and docile after that up My wife hates all kinds of snakes but she had a big garden and we had animals that she fed hay, chicken feeds and pig food so the snakes would helped keep the mice down, my Son and Daughter would chase her with them when they where younger when I brought one home devil haha

I can't image many people letting a snake bite them a few times, just to see if it'll calm down or not. laugh2
If I pick up a snake & just wave it about a little, my Wife will run into the house. devil whistling

Just have to make sure your tetanus is up to date. Also, most reptiles carry some form of sommenela so it’s a good thing to wash your hands after handling one. As far as their bite, it’s not so bad.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln