Yeah, yeah, I know, not an interesting subject and silly European cars etc etc. And I agree. But what if I told you that the Finnish rally drivers were very close of winning the overall title in the most prestigious rally event ever, the Monte Carlo? And in a Commando Valiant and Barracuda no less? There are some pretty fascinating stories about the Finnish Chrysler-Plymouth import company, Berner Oy, rally stable which lasted only a few short years but which showed the world that no matter what the competition is, Chrysler is right at the top. But before we go digging deep in the Valiant effort, we have to know a bit about a guy who was essential in making it all happen. These articles are translated by me from the Finnish Mobilisti Magazine without permission. The articles date back about 20 years so I don't think that this will cause the publishers any harm. Furthermore, the world needs to know these stories so very few know about, even in the Mopar world. So, here's the story of a few white Valiants and one red Barracuda. Bear with me as I write these over a few days.

Valkoiset Valiantit.jpg