Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
I have Ford Contour fans on the 5.7L Hemi and they will cool the car in Texas Summers on low speed.

Good to know. So it probably will work for a bigger engine in the heat, on high speed.

I run the fans on high speed when the a/c is on and they move a TON of air. Ensure your charging system is up to par with any of the solutions out there. I'd really consider using a PWM fan controller, if I were you. Yes, those are "electronics", but they are very effective for managing electrical loads.

iagree I am about to do just that... I did a simple installation with both fans wired in parallel for full voltage only, and a hefty 80 amp relay to turn them on and off. Does a great job keeping the 451 cool, but with my huge (for the street) cam, when the electrical load suddenly comes on, it can really pull the RPM too far down (especially if coming to a stop at the same moment).

I had a HHR fan with the 318, which also worked pretty well.

I tried that first, but the HHR would not fit between the water pump nose and the radiator in my A-body. And it can't be run as a pusher by reversing the motor, because the blades are scooped the wrong way. Other than the enormous Mercedes fan, the Contour pair seems to be a good solution all around. twocents