Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
We are not holding the GC for them, they didn't want to leave a deposit. It is 50/50 whether we will see them again. They very much wanted the vehicle, but it was unclear when they could make the drive again and if they want to. They did not want to travel with that much cash and didn't want to go to the trouble of getting a cashier's check in case they didn't want the thing or negotiated a different price. Everybody has their own way of doing things and it seems to me that a lot of people don't really know how to conduct business, especially out of town and when it comes to larger than daily outlays of cash.

Now, I am suspicious to whole premise, basically "all the banks were out of cash".

Were you at any point able to verify this yourself directly from the bank?

If not, sounds more like to me the buyers account was the only one "out of cash".

It's not a shock that a major chain type of bank didn't have enough cash on hand.

At one time I was banking with US Bank a fairly large chain style bank with locations all over the United Sates.
I wanted to pull out $10k to take to the Mopar Nationals to buy stuff.
US Bank said they didn't have that much cash on hand all the time and that I needed to contact them in advance to take out that large of a sum of cash. We had to go to multiple locations to pull out $10k on a Wednesday.

US Bank. What a coincidence. Guess what outfit these folks banked with.

It could be that they didn't have the money. But they were an older couple, driving a nearly new car, had driven 2 hours and it was for the wife who clearly was disappointed. So, lack of funds is always a possibility, but I doubt it in this case.

Master, again and still