Originally Posted by Prodart440
Originally Posted by Dave_J
Originally Posted by topside
The speed thing: there are people who are incapable at any speed, and there are cars & drivers who are capable at well over the posted limit.

The Germans have it figured out better than anyone, but also have a culture & requirements to make their deal work as well as it does.

Anyone driving through Spokane Valley on I-90: the cops use unmarked, non-typical-LEO vehicles, with hidden lights.
For a few miles, Limit drops to 60, although the freeway should still be 70; natural 95th-percentile flow is usually 70, too.
To me, that's not only "cheating", but if something doesn't present itself as law enforcement, it may not seem - or be - legit to other drivers.
There was a problem a while back where some bad guys were posing externally as LEO to get up to the cars who'd pull over.

The WSP in the Bellevue WA area have a few SNEEKER cars too. A few F150's and a few 2003-2005 Buick LeSabers.

Yeah, one of the F150's has a dirt bike in the back to blend in.

ProD, Living out here 1 mile south of Pacific Raceway (Lake Holms), it is strangely quite. I am so use to hearing the track.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)