Originally Posted by 71birdJ68
Let me try to cover the specks. It is a C-85, which the cranks are hard to find, so they have come up with this conversion, where you put a O-200 crank and rods in the C-85. The O-200 has a longer stroke. The compression on a C-85 is 6.3 to 1, so I was thinking with the O-200 crank and rods longer stroke there should be an increase in compression, but nobody has ever ran the numbers. I was wondering, so the power increases cold be figured out.
The C-85 is a 188 ci, while the O-200 is 200 ci.
C-85 stands for 85 HP. O-200 is 100 HP

Math isn't my strong suit, but if it is safe to assume the piston height in the cylinder is the same with both rotating assemblies, you should be able to calculate combustion chamber volume above the piston at TDC based on the 6.3:1 C-85 compression ratio. Once you know that number, you can plug it into the calculation with the longer stroke.

If compression ratio increase runs linear to the displacement increase you could add the displacement percentage increase to the C-85 CR.

If none of this makes any sense, remember I said math isn't my strong suit... shruggy laugh2

Kevin