Originally Posted by RapidRobert
I guess another thing to mention is that I enjoy tinkering with the car. If this was s daily driver, there is no way I would have points in there. But once or twice a year to take half an hour and clean and adjust the points, if it's even necessary, I have no issue with.
Mick may I ask what would be the problem with points in a daily driver? I was considering going that way to use some of my stash (& to do something different).

The only problem with points is having to stay on top of them. They wear, and the dwell changes, which changes the timing. 1k miles a month will do that if you don't stay on top of them. Other than that, there is no issue.

Thing is, I agree with everything everyone has said in this post. Pros, cons, whatever you choose to deal with. I know a good set of points will go well beyond 6k, and I set my rev limiter there. I have enough power, don't need to go beyond that, so no issue.

Car runs great, should have the Pertronix rev limiter in place in the next few days, although with the impending lock down, only place to drive it to is the grocery store!