Old post but thought I would add my experience. My uncle, fresh out of the service, bought a brand new TA in 1970. He asked my Dad to go with him to negotiate the price
My Dad being a long time Chrysler man, even at that time, asked about warranty and they said it had none. My Dad argued that all Chryslers had a 5yr/50,000 mi warranty but the dealer said not on this car. My Dad told my uncle to go to another dealer but he was in love with this plumb crazy T/A and bought it anyway. Not that long after he bought the car, the rear window shattered - for no reason - it was weird - the whole thing spiderwebbed. The dealer did replace it even with no warranty. I remember going to pick the car up and it was in the Service department- they were fixing an intake leak. My Dad told me to wait outside and said it is the same as the Challenger out front but a 4-speed & purple. There was a lime green auto/ with console, white top, white interior out front of the dealership. I rode home in the back seat of the T/A looking at the cool bee decal on the rear side window. Years later, I ended up with the car, while it had only 52,000 miles on it , they were hard miles. The car had a spun rod bearing. I took the engine out and when I took the intake off the plate was loose. The holes were not tapped, there were tap in like rivets with a spiral on them holding the plate on. When I glass beaded the intake manifold, it had been previously welded up and ground down on the side.