Operation they-ain't-NOS-anymore; once they get put on the car :2thumbs:

Well, long story here but behind the scenes there was a possibility that the 500, as it was post paint-n-body, was going to find another home. A gent who has made repeated inquiries about the car since I bought it called again right before I took delivery of the car from the shop. Well, in my true nature, I thought "What the Heck".. Ok, I didn't go after anything on this.. 😀
Told him it would be ONLY if I was able to get enough cash to buy a Superbird I know of AND another car he owned in particular. After all, this 500 is NOT your typical Hemi Charger 500. Not that any Hemi Charger 500 is typical. EVERYTHING was in line and I was feeling rather pumped about it.. But, alas, he reached out 2 days after what I thought was wiring the money only to find out he had to pull out of the deal. Oh well, wasn't meant to be.. (granted wasn't too happy and still aren't). Soooo, time for some Mopar-therapy by installing some NOS parts and getting one NOS Monoco/Polara wheel cover. Few things are better than installing new emblems on new paint.

Hemi_badge_new.jpgHemi_badge_new2.jpgtaillamp_panel01.jpgC500_wheelcover.jpg

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)