Originally Posted by volaredon
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
So if you dont have the star and your id is not real, is it fake?

I was wondering the same thing..... after all the one in my pocket came from the same DMV that would be issuing this "real" ID IF I decide to get this "special" one.... at 52 I have been in a plan exactly once so far.... don't anticipate that total going up by very much in how ever much longer I have left....
Why do we have to have a different ID to fly within our own country anyways??? makes no sense.

If you consider when the bill of rights was originally drafted, airplanes, cars, trains, etc were still in the future. However the right to freely to move about the country was a given

Nobody at the time would have accepted requiring any licencing restrictions for riding a horse that would restrict one's right to move around the country.

Somewhere along the line the citizens were asleep at the wheel, pun intended and the mantra became "driving a car is a privilege, not a right", and most everybody accepted that restriction.

Well that slippery slope has morphed into flying, trains, buses, etc is also not a right and you must now jump thru certain hoops, at this time ( more later it seems) to drive, fly or ride.

Rights are seldom expanded, and we have nobody to blame but our apathetic selves.

There are groups that resist/fight this "driving is a privilege" crap.

And understand the main difference between privilege and a right, you are allotted due process in taking away a right, a privilege is denied often just by the stroke of a bureaucrat pushed pen that likely one can never contact/find to contest..

Ironically IMO, the "gold Star" on my CDL is actually a white star with a gold circular outline, but don't tell anybody. eyes

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.