Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Forwardlook
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
So you found it Mr. Swede? tonguue

No public insults please. grin

Calling a Fin a Swede is like calling a millienial a Hippy whistling grin
Like calling a New Yorker a Red Neck Hillbilly grin
Most native born Americans that have not spent any time out of our country don't know about the locations of other countries, especially in Europe and Scandainavia (SP?) and their dislike being call another nationally tsk
I spent 9 months in Germany in 1967 in the U.S Army, one of my old race cars is in Finland now,1963 Plymouth M.W. Belvedere, and one in Sweden, a 1968 Cuda fast back is the only reason I know about Finland being a bunch different than the other three countries that are close to them.

LOL, that's funny! There has always been some friendly rivalry between Finland and Sweden. Like the saying (from the time Finland was under Swedish rule) "Sweden will fight to the last Finn!" as the most elite troops were Finns. grin

After moving to Sweden some of the motley Illinoisy crew have been giving me a hard time and I can't blame them lol.

"During the 30 years war Finland was under Swedish control, Finnish cavalry were known to be the best in the world, and were the favorite weapon of the Swedish king, they proved them self in battle many times and have become an icon for Finnish courage."

And the big mystery regarding the funny name of Nokian winter tires, it comes from these very troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54YSkW4sJU4