Originally Posted by burdar
Can you explain why you want to change? Have you had issues with the band clamps? I've never used them but was considering it on my Dart. I have three different brands of muffler to try. I'd like to be able to swap out mufflers easily to find the sound I'm looking for. Regular clamps would crush the pipe and make it difficult.

Three main reasons in my case.

1. The muffler will be very close to fuel tank/rear diffuser, and I must maintain proper positioning, and felt the v clamps will do that well

2. The needed clamps will be in the vicinity on the intakes for the trunk mounted cooling air intakes, and I'd like to reduce reliably any chance of exhaust fumes getting sucked in by using a well sealing clamp system.

3. When at the track, I'd like an easy changeover solution to take the muffler out of the exhaust path, and v clamps seem better for a reasonably quick solution by just having a v clamp straight pipe replacement.

Thanks for all the replies, sounds like they are workable for me. up

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.