Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by polyspheric
W/r/t/ serious cleaning products (Brake Kleen, MEK, acetone, lacquer thinner, Gun Scrubber):
Do it outdoors, wear SCUBA, or hold your breath. No mask* filters out these solvents - cancer to follow in 5 years.
* I've heard that activated charcoal is better than nothing, but no way to tell when it's saturated.

I've had three different types of cancer, two types of skin cancer and Prostrate cancer, I quit handling Toulene and Toulol with my bare hands in the mid 1970s, I use to wash parts in my solvent tank without gloves realcrazy
I've used spray brake cleaner, spray carb cleaner as well as 5 gallon dip buckets of best car upholstery cleaners with no protection realcrazy,
I have use MEK, Acetone, Toulol and Toulene to mix with pure methanol alcohol with race gas back in the mid 1970s to make one of my old bracket cars go faster, it would pick up right at .3 ET and 2 MPH with 25% methanol and those other chemicals I used to keep it mixed with the race gas, some of the things we did before we knew better work
I first heard about Toulol and Toulene being a cancer causing chemical in the mid 1970s, I use to buy them both in five gallon containers from the local paint stores shruggy
I am truly blessed that I didn't suffer worst results from those days, Thanks be To God upbow boogie
To all on here, be careful and pay attention to what you put through and on your body, be safe twocents

Have you been looking for the right cleaning agents to maintain your upholstery in the best shape and form at all times?