Originally Posted by 1E2C
Somebody somewhere, (I think in Roosha), has pirated my email address. I never put it in direct view in correct context yet somehow someone got mine and now I'm routinely getting "returned/rejected" emails that have been sent with my address listed as origin. I can only guess it's someone trying to get past some firewalls or filters with an embedded trap of some sort, most of the emails were sent to some apparently german addresses, ( .de ) extension. Some days over 80 rejects filling up my inbox. What a PIA.

another thing just came to me -

many years ago - at least 2006-ish I saw a car for sale on ebay in Washington State.

started emailing about details, he asked me to send a pic of my car. Which I did, he asked if I would like to see another car he had to sell. All sounded good, so I said sure - send the pic.

once I had opened the file - I had lost complete control of my computer - for days - I was not getting emails - no response from friends ?

my son installed a tracker program - we traced him to Alberta, Canada -
took some time, but off of his IP address - got his exact home address with phone number - then calling to tell him to back off -
he was surprised and asked how we found out, then laughed.

in that case - not from over seas - just some young person with nothing else to do.

They only see Stars...
when hit by a Mopar!