I've been building and racing Mopar since the early 1970s, one of my first problems on B R/B motors was a 1973 CA Highway patrol 440 motor out of a junkyard in Barstow, CA that a customer bought and brought to me to build it to replace the motor he had blown up in his 1971 Charger R/T 440 six pack car. I sent that block to the machine shop I used in Orange., CA to have it hot tank, magnaflux for cracks and the usual machine work needed to reuse some of his parts along with new cam bearings and freeze plugs.
I assemble the motor and the cam shaft didn't slide right in, it turn hard but I was stupid enough to think it world "breakin" luck WRONGrealcrazy
It ended up spinning the #4 cam bearing in the block which resulted with me having to fix it for no charge.
I took the block to the machine shop and told him about the cam not spinning easy and he told me that was not uncommon on Mopar B and RB motors shock I had him install new cam bearings and fix the fit with the cam to those new bearings, which he did a good job on up I ask him about align honing the cam tunnels and he told me he couldn't do that with his Sunnen CK10 block honing machine due to Mopar having five different I.D. on the cam tunnel for the cam bearing to fit into work
He said he had used small engine hand held hones on some Mopar blocks to get the I.D the proper size but it might be better for me to use a bearing knife to make the cam fit the bearings after they where installed instead of having him do it. He was always busy up, like most good shops where and he was 100 miles away also
I bought the tool needed to install cam bearings after that along with a good bearing knife so I could scrap and fit the bearings to the cam if needed. I have since seen about a 5 to 20% of the blocks needing the bearings fitted to the cams puke
It is really to bad Ma Mopar didn't have a higher standard on that step in the block preparations whiney
End of rant, take nothing for granite scope
I forgot to mention that I had spent the better part of last Tuesday scraping the cam bearings in a 1972 440 block I'm building now wrench whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/07/20 07:48 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)