Hello
have some problems in setting the idle on my Hemicuda. The engine is running a Comp Cams 292 cam with 10.5 JE pistons and TTI exhaust. The carbs are Edelbrock 600 modified by Newcomb's Hemispherical products. I was wondering what is the correct way of setting the carbs. I have both idle blades set up to be completely closed, and the idle speed is regulated by the solenoid. The idle mixture screws on the rear carb are 3 turns out, while idle screws on the front carb are completely closed.
Car runs well, good idel but a little rich. If I turn the rear carb screws to be just two turbs out, car runs leaner, but stumbles off idle in third or fourth gear. Idle speed is set at about 800 rpm, but if I drive the car aggressively, idle speed drops to around 500, and tries to die. Any suggestions?
I also have the original carbs that were removed year ago after years of sitting. Would be a wise things to have the carbs restored and put back in place? Are they enuogh for the 292 cam?
Here in Italy nobody knows anything about Hemis so I dont really have nobody that can get the car to idle correctly. Thank you for the help