Originally Posted by AndyF
If a person has the time and money then the engine can be run on a dyno and the power curve overlaid on the pump curve to find the intersection. Then a person would know if the power curve is correct for the pump or not.

Most marine engine manufacturers will provide a dyno graph for their marinized crate engines, which can be overlayed with the pump or propeller power absorption curves, and then change the impeller or prop pitch to best match it up the engine. However most boaters on this river like myself, prefer to run a higher pitch impeller to move the most water through the jet for the best pump performance in class 5 rapids, which requires a powerful big block or a supercharged small block. Now after I swapped out the Hamilton Jet with the more capable Scott 912, which has a very good and broad performance envelope, I can install a "proper" cam to open up the engine's potential to best compliment the jet. Granted this Mopar with its small cam already outspins the LSA, Raptor 575, and comes close to matching the LT4, I would still like to have the extra power in reserve, that is otherwise being left on the table by the small cam.