Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by mopar dave
We spoke about a lot of things as he gave me a bunch of his time. I can't remember if it was him or someone else saying they thought the valves pressures were on the edge of being too light. I will have to go back and reread some posts and PM's. Dwayne did say to check my pressures thou just to be sure. Anyone use the spring testers you squeeze in a vice?

the one I have is junk, not even close.

The first one I bought was rated to 300#. I have a calibrated checking spring and it wasn't even close.

The second one I bought from a member here who was selling a "better" version of the same design rated to 600#. It checked fairly accurate the first couple of times I used it. I tried to use it again recently and it has apparently lost its mind and is reading way off. Entirely possible that I did something "wrong" with it, but I still wouldn't purchase another one if they're damaged inadvertently that easily.

Don't know what I'm going to buy at this point, considering everything that has a good reputation is in a much higher price range... $400++, from what I saw looking around online last night.

Last edited by BradH; 09/18/19 09:30 AM.