Originally Posted by dthemi
In fairness, 1000hp used to be a big number. These days telling someone you made 1000 gets the what's wrong with it question.

Nitrous, blowers, turbos, have for sure become the norm. Every project i see now has a power adder and not just a small plate. More often than not it's 3 foggers, or forced induction, myself included.

The old KB stuff would move around too on the first build, but would take a set, and stay there. I can't say what the limit is on the old stuff but i know they stay pretty round at 2000hp. The old KB design (wet sleeve ones) were in TF at one point in history. Not really the same as the dry sleeve blocks, but close.

I'm hopeful for the new KB stuff. Any improvement in the orig design will be a home run.

I'm going billet, or solid from here on out personally.

Back on topic though, if you can wait for a kb, do so. Ultimately the indy will bite you if you're a power adder guy.

My Indy block has been difficult to seal up the bore... I have been trying for almost 15 years now. Ever since I have ran a vacuum pump I see the vac has been hard to get, and hard to keep. My local machine shops hone could only net me 5-7 vac going down the track. (this is with nitrous) Now the most recent hone was done at BES. Not sure what they do (hot honing etc) but they told me the bores were not round. Now it has 9-10 going down the track ( I still have a stock timing cover so the stock type front seal it limiting me to 10) Also
what I have been doing at BES recommendation is to run it at 90 - 110* on the starting line. It does seem to help, and a Dale Cubic carb lets it go on the brake at literally ANY temp...

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....