Hey guys, having a issue getting the kickdown/shift point adjustment correct on the A500 in my '69 Valiant. At first had a factory setup off a 273-2bbl/904, swapped out the carb end rod for the 4-bbl rod, adjusted , moved, tinkered, could not full throttle no matter what, so bought the Lokar kickdown cable kit. The car has a 408, LD340 intake with a 780 Holley vac. secondary, cable is adjusted per Lokar specs, and talked to their tech, normal driving it shifts first to second about 3k, same into third, cool, but if on the mat it will shift at like 4300 or so, secondaries aren't opened at this point, even with second to lightest spring, if I shift manually (column shift, as I ws going for the sleeper thing) it will rev past 6000, secondaries open, seems to run hard, should run bottom 12s or high 11s once this figured out.
My question is can line pressure cause this issue, or the governor in the trans, if the govenor, can it be changed without disassembling the trans?, I don't want to install a manual valve body and floor shifter, just would like to leave in drive and stab and steer, thoughts?

1970 'Cuda,Lime Light,499 Indy S/R's 10.70's @125,street driven ALOT!
1966 Barracuda 360,now a 5spd,Hemi Orange,Hot Rod Air,
New daily driver-2003 Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9
'69 Valiant 2-dr, sleeper!
New project---1938 Dodge truck, plan is a 360 with a A500, AC, Calvert rear susp., rack and pinion front with coils.