Building a 496 RB 440. 11.5-1, Holley Super Sniper 440 SEZ heads, 0.051" head gaskets. Looking at different cam and cam profiles. I've talked to Dwayne, and he said Comp's are kinda hard to get at this time. I'm looking for mid-range HP and torque.
Looking on the Comp site, I see the Mutha Thumpr is available but not sure if it would work for my needs. So much info to digest! Thumpr has a LSA of 107 where most of the others are 110-112 LSA. Timing events are confusing too. Example: The Mutha Thumpr exhaust closes at 49 ATDC opens at 82 BBDC, intake
opens 42 BTDC, closes at 69 ABDC whereas the XR286HR-10 exhaust closes at 2 ATDC, opens at 55 BBDC, intake opens 12 BTDC closes at 44 ABDC. duration @ 0.050 is about the same on both, but lift is a bit different. What does all that mean and do? Also looked at the Trick Flow Track Max and it has a lift of
0.600. Quite a bit higher than either Comp. I've never talked with anyone that has used the Mutha Thumpr, so no idea about that one. You guy's that understand all this are a genius if you ask me! So much confusion. Could anyone shed some light for me? This is mainly a street driven, but driven hard vehicle. (1970 Challenger)
Thanks in advance! Jeff