Quote:

On I am replacing the floor pans in my 1970 Challenger. I bought the AMD Full front pan and the mid pans. I have the car up on jack stands supported at 6 points and leveled the car out front to back and side to side by shimming the floor jacks. It's supported under the axle tubes, the front wheels are up on car ramps my Gramdpa and Dad made back in the 70s and there is mid support under the brackets that come off the rocker a couple inches.

Anyway, I took my time removing the old floor as this is my first floor pan install. I used a spot weld cutter and various tools to remove the floor. I tried not to butcher it up. The new AMD pan seems to go in pretty easy but my issue is the floor pan lip on each side seems to sit too high. But when under the car, the pan seem to be sitting on the center brace, meeting at the front cowl lip, and sitting on the two small brackets coming off the rockers. It just seems as though it is sitting high when I compare it to where the spot weld cutter marks are on the rocker. So I am not sure if I am missing something as this is my first pan install. Is there a method to installing this to where it will drop in? Should I start in the center out?... or use something like sheet metal screws to pull it down? I also thought about using a hammer and dolly to massage the lip a little. It seems like it is 1/4 inch or so high in a couple spots. Others it seems fine. Even the holes in the new pan seem to line up with the holes in the brackets flush below it....I am a novice so any friendly advice would be much appreciated.

Man..those pans look sweet..have not had a chance to try AMD products..but the like almost as nice as NOS..I said almost...