Quote:

How much did that conversion run you?

E85 is fairly easy to find around here, but still not everywhere. I wouldn't feel comfortable converting to it unless I added 2 or 3 extra fuel cells to the bed of the big block dakota, so I could go further than 50 miles away from the closest station (which is about 15 miles from home, so it REALLY limits my range!)

The conversion cost me 368. I had nothing to lose at the carb was jacked. Also, Im putting a 12.25 to 1 motor in the car later this summer, so why not skip the race fuel?

The thing that pushed me finally to E85 was I found a fuel tank on wheels. A friend of mine's dad was a safety inspector for a trucking company. One of their trucks was in a wreck and damaged a saddle tank. He had the tank repaired and sat it on a small trailer, put a hose and gasoline spicket on. They used it to fill their ski boat, but could never get it work right because it didnt have enough head pressure. I bought it, put a holley blue pump on it and it works like a charm. The tank holds 70 gallons and I doubt I'll use more than 150 gallons a year, so I think it will work out OK. Plus Ive got 30 gallons of gas cans to fill when I go to the station.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.