I helped tune a 508 inch big block today that had a Sniper with Hyperspark ignition. This is a street/strip type of engine with 10:1 compression, big Comp street roller cam, ported Indy intake, Trick Flow 270 heads and a good valvetrain. (T&D rocker arms, dual conical valve springs, etc.) So not a race engine but a street engine with really good parts in it. I think it is a Molnar 4.250 crank with 7.100 long rods and Diamond dish pistons. So better quality parts than a lot of street engines. It ended up making 710 hp at 6300 rpm and 640 torque somewhere in the low 5000 range. I didn't keep a copy of the dyno sheets since it isn't my engine. This engine really taxed the Sniper throttle body, we could tell it was choked off by 6500 rpm. So a big carb, or a bigger throttle body would've added more power up top. However, the guy wants to run the Sniper since he mostly drives it on the street. He only takes it to the track once or twice a year. It is going in a RoadRunner with a Dana 60 and four speed so he is going to have trouble getting the car to go straight!

DSC_3504 (Large).JPGDSC_3512 (Large).JPG