Originally Posted by hemicar1971
6pkrtse to run Doms on a tunnel ram on a Challenger the carbs will likely not fit at the back of the hole and the carbs are to high out of the hole. My Challenger Shaker hood would not do this. Used a flat hood and cut it back a couple of inches toward the window. So if you cut the hole in the hood you will have to fabricate most everything. There is a 1970 Cuda on the drag strip that has a hemi with twin turbos and a made up hood and scoop and it looks pretty nice for a hand made hood. Maybe someone can find a picture of the Cuda and post it for you.

OP

Like many have said and I will extend this that Tommy Chryco sells a pretty nice bubble that fits without any modification. The stuff Chryco sells under the bubble has been changed to duplicate most of what was wrong with it when he took over the company and what he bought from the company was pretty good already. It was very little things he changed to duplicate what Chrysler (Fram Built). Now I would try to sell off the scoop and buy Toms. Instructions are available from one or two person but if you do not have something similar to what Chrysler sold then the instructions might not work for you or cause you more trouble. When the bubble sits on the adaptor ring is messes all together and the bolt holes that would go through the bubble in to the ring would all line up for easy bolting.

Yes, I have stretched the hood opening 3" towards the rear, along with the base plate and bubble 3". Being longer will also help it to be proportionate with the extra height. I will get it all to work and function as factory once done.

1963 Belvedere 440 Max Wedge Tribute
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 Six Pack
1970 Challenger R/T, 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 383
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440
1996 2500 RAM 488 V-10 4X4
2004 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4
2012 Challenger R/T Classic.