Originally Posted By BulletBob
Thinking about doing inline low rise dual fours on my 59'Imperial

You'll be sorry, I've used both the early inline dual four for wedge motors and the early first gen Hemi motor intake, no good except at WOT above 3500 RPM whiney shruggy
one of my first halfway fast street cars was a 1934 Ford pick up that had been chop and channeled, it weigh under 2800 Lbs. without me in it with the near stock 1955 Chrysler 331 C.I. hemi, I put headers on it and a inline dual four intake off of a Jensen sport car with some early small CFM Carter AFB carbs, the stock dual plane single intake with one of those AFB drove a lot nicer below 3500 RPM than the dual quad set up did but being a guy under 22 yrs old back then I left them on realcrazy
One of the first drag cars, (1960 Dodge Phoenix that weighed over 4000 Lbs with out me in it shock) I put together had a stroker 383 motor that was 454 C.I. that had been run up in Fremont CA as a Super Stock car in a 1959 Plymouth Savoy whistling devil
He got caught and banned so I ended up with it boogie
That car ran 12.80 on a set of J.C Penney 800x14x7 inch wide slicks on it with me in it at the old Thermal airport Drags back in 1969, that car had a 3.73 gear open rear end it with a stock cast iron early torkflyte and stock converter shruggy
I never drove that car with the stock AFB single carb and intake but I was told the Plymouth ran a lot faster than my Dodge did with the same motor and tranny shruggy
If you have both intakes try them both and go from their up , we all don't like the same thing so test, test and test some more scope

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/13/19 05:31 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)