Owned my car for 12 yrs, equipped with the Holley repro 6pack for 440 (69-70 version). So it has been running trouble free till now. Since last summer, the center carb (4144-1) is leaking at the pump diaphragm area. I have changed out the diaphragm (GFLT type) 3 times now and it still leaks. I installed a new Accelerator pump housing (30cc) since the original one was a bit warped. It still leaks at the accelerator pump area. Actually see slow dripping at center of pump housing. So I think maybe its leaking at the bowl gasket area to the pump area. So I changed out bowl gasket, same result. Tried to get a mirror to see exactly where its coming from and its too difficult. What should I be looking for? Im stumped. Im thinking the bowl maybe getting porous somewhere, but don't know. Next stop is to replace the bowl, but Holley says they do not stock new bowls for this carb. Anyone know where to get a new replacement bowl? Worried about a used one having same issue. Any tips would be great!
Thanks all.