Moparts Carb Gurus,

I'm running a QFT SS750 and with my combo, I need more fast idle and less choke. I have no hesitation about driving my Barracuda in adverse weather, so want fast idle to function properly.

For some detail, Magnum based 406", EQ head, 230/234 cam, Air Gap intake, 1 3/4 headers, 3.55, auto/2500 stall.

I've got the spring tension dialed in so it starts 1st crank, even in the single digit ambient temps, and the choke gets itself out of the way as it should. But the fast idle cam never gets on to the 1st step. The cam will only get to the third step, so while I can get the speed where I need it, I lose fast idle too soon.

Bending the choke rod seems to be the only adjustment option, but that looks to me like it would put me back to too much choke. A fast idle cam with a wider arm would seem to be the answer, but they don't seem to be available.

Just to save some keystrokes on the manual choke suggestion, I want the wife unit to drive cross country in this thing with me and that makes it necessary to minimize operational quirks. I've pondered a choke-less carb and one of those K&N injector plates, but that money is better spent elsewhere in my mind.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance...