01 2500 HO 6 speed 2wd, stone stock, except for moving stock lift pump back by the tank at 80k, replaced pump at 129k for preventative maintenance. Now at 214K. Never wrecked, never seen salt - Florida vehicle its whole life. Died in my driveway, as if the lift pump was dying - at first I figured either a voltage issue to the lift pump or the pump itself. A few weeks back, I noticed WTS light not coming on very infrequently and still being allow to start the motor. Not sure if that's relevant.
Back to being dead in the driveway - cycled the pump as if filling the filter after changing it, ran for a little while. Shut it down, try to start a few days later, no start. Lift pump sounded sick, like it was laboring. Swapped out the pump, replaced the 'extension cord' needed to move the pump, new pump sounded much worse (conclusion - new Carter pumps made offshore are junk). Put a gas motor code scanner on it, NO CODES, Passed. Removed the ecm, have never had the harness off it, pulled harness, no obvious corrosion on pins or connectors. Cleaned ECM mounting points, made sure good ground all the way back to the battery. Cleaned harness connection lift pump. Re-installed old lift pump, sounding better than new one. Checked fuel pressure at the VP44 while pump cycling (as if filling the filter) - 13.5 psi. Cycled the key on-off,on-off, on - codes on the odometer - P PCM _ _ _ _ _ _ P Done P ECM _ _ _ _ _ _ P Done - again, no codes. Charged the batteries, am getting WTS light, still won't run. Cranks fine.
What to check next? Especially with no codes?