Originally Posted By lockjaw-express
Mattax,

Exactly what I was looking for! The information on Page 4 & 5 is perfect for me to set up the advance curves, and how to simulate a vacuum advance in the ECU Spark tables, including what the modifier tables do in relation to the MAP vs RPM tables.

Thank you very much!

Mark

Great! Thought it might be smile

Depending on what you've done to the engine, you can experiment with more initial or more along the whole curve, etc. I've found it useful to think about tuning from the combustion viewpoint. Basically trying to keep in mind the goal is combustion to develop such that maximum pressure is through the most favorable crank angles in terms of leverage. And if we know an engine has been built in a way that produces slower combustion in certain conditions, add more lead there.

For example an engine with more overlap at idle will exhaust dilution and less compression so will probably be a slower burn at idle. Same engine when fully warmed up may be more efficient in the mid to top range under load and develp pressure more quickly then.

To add to Polyspheric's observation. The higher vacuum should be for a given throttle open along with steady rpm. To some degree that will go hand in hand. That is, a small throttle opening at a given rpm should show as higher vacuum. I'm not sure how you evaluate the data when you are controlling using MAP as one of the inputs. shruggy

Last edited by Mattax; 01/22/19 09:50 PM.