That must have been one of the 2000, 2001 blocks that Cummins had casting problems with shruggy
A friend of mine bought a 2001 345 HP H.O. that develop a crack on the bottom of the block on the drivers side that started leaking coolant right before it had 1000,000 puke
It had been hopped up by Dave Smith Dodge from day one and he had them do upgrades to it about every year when he would drive it from SO CA to eastern Montana to visit several of his children that lived up there.
He had the extended 10 year, 100,000 warrenty on it, Dave Smith had done another upgrade to the motor at 99,850 miles just before it starting stinking like antifreeze. Dodge ended up replacing the short block for no charge boogie
He let a diesel hop up company in Las Vegas ,NV sell him a camshaft that I had warned him about not buying and he learned the hard way the stock stuff works pretty well when all the mods done to most of those trucks are based on stock cams and so on, it lost a bunch of torque on the chassis dyno with the new short block and camshaft whiney work
The local Dodge dealer did the short block replacement along with installing the new cam work shruggy I'm sure none of those guys knew anything about degreeing a camshaft work shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)