Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
Base / clear often alters the original paint color & hue.

Hemi Orange looks a lot more like Go Mango as just one example.

LOL - that's the truth

My brother and I both had cars painted at the same time at the same place. Both cars are EV2. My car is painted in SS, his in BC/CC.

He calls me up and tells me my car is too red. I freaked out. Went down there and looked at it. I went back home and compared it to some SS I bought back in 1990.

My car looks spot on, his is way to light.

Seeing that BC/CC has been the "norm" in the industry the last few decades, the manufacturers have decided over the years to curtail the alternatives or ALTs that were available on paint formulation, so as to simplify paint formulation and mix formulas esp with the event of computer mix programs, this resulted in many mix formulas being "averaged out", basically a "close match" if you will on one formula mix,... back in the day when mixing was done with written formulas and or color keys, some formulas could have upward of 5 different ALT's in order to achieve a correct color match, whether it was to match factory paint or repair blend of the current color on the vehicle...

A correct color match can be achieved in BC/CC if you are a mixer, or have a mixer that can work with you to achieve the proper color you desire, but many factors can still influence the final result no matter how correct the finish paint color mix is, simply using a dark or light primer/sealer base/alternate shade value can effect the outcome as well as coverage, paint application technique, etc, etc, etc...