I'm with you on the analog MSD 6s. My $40.00 secondhand Ebay box just keeps on jammin' sparks. I am using the Direct Connection electronic distributor and a chrome Jacobs coil, really old school stuff.

The major reason that the other guys aren't around any more is that MSD/Holley bought most of them and discontinued them.

There's no reason MSD digital 6 isn't as successful as the analog units, IF you eliminate RFI. The engine compartment has a lot of electrical hash floating around. If the detector circuit in the Digital 6 is too sensitive or isn't selective enough, the box can get triggered by the interference. For that reason most ignition manufacturers encourage you to keep the leads from the mag pickup to the ignition box as short as possible (shorter antenna). As I work with electrical engineers, I have learned that using a twisted pair signal cable can eliminate much of the hash, and a shielded twisted pair just about eliminates it. Something like signal cable used between microphones and mixing boards is the right stuff. Belden 8451 would be a good example. I think the shield should only be grounded on one end. What say you, Sparkys?

R.