Tom the owner of the company talked to me on Fakebook messenger.....Mind you this is Sunday afternoon....and helped me out.

Perfect storm:

1. User error/my fault not realizing there were separate upper and lower shells. Not sure why this does not ring a bell from the past? But no problem admitting what I don't know or forgot.

2. With that knowledge, I found I have 10 uppers and 6 lowers in the package... that's not gonna work

Following the Direct Connection engine bulletin for old Kellogg cranks, I did their suggested bench mockup of the K1/Molnar when things just seemed....odd.

While it's nice to lay all the pretty looking parts out and so on, but that fillet contact, however slight had me wondering. It did not lock up on the fillet but there was a "drag" and shiny edges here and there had me taking a big step back to look at it.

Lesson learned and case closed for now....I'll order more bearings until I have an actual set of upper/lower, do the whole mockup again and will send the rest of the bearings back.

Thanks!

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri