Originally Posted By fastmark
Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
I’ve had great experience with the ProComp stainless bushed rollertip rockers. They are budget friendly and a decent option if you don’t feel comfortable with cheap aluminum ones.

Will these fit under a stock cover with the oil baffle still intact?

The iron Cranes are about $450 without shafts and are just basically like stock hemi, 273 and TA rockers. I’m comfortable with a long life with those. What is the advantage of the alum ones except fort the roller tip? Do they wear out over time?

The ProComp, PRW style stainless rockers fit under the valve covers with the baffle. The real advantage to aluminum rockers is the cost to machine them. That's it.

I personally don't use needle bearings on a reciprocating shaft if I can avoid it.

If you are breaking rockers 99.999% of the time it's a geometry issue. The other .001% of the time it's a junk rocker. Mostly, it the junk bearings that fail first and kill the rocker.

I always repeat this but it's still not common enough to not say. If you are going to buy rockers, call Mike at B3 racing engines and have him sell you his geometry kit. He will tell you how to measure for it and it's a simple bolt on deal. It works and it's an absolute requirement IMO on anything other than a dead stock lift, dead stock rocker deal.

You can go to b3racingengines.com and read the tech pages he has. Worth every second of reading, and every penny of doing.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston