Originally Posted By 70Drop
I have a heavy-duty bolt-in sprag and a billet drum, so hopefully the trans. is OK, but I was also worried about the trans.

I will definitely reinforce the perches. I saw the Calvert ones. Other than being kinda expensive, they look like good pieces

To Pittsburg's point, Have your sprag checked. The fact that is a bolt in doesn't mean it wasn't stressed.
**taken from a well written post by PC-Charger

"So what do you need to do to minimize the chance of witnessing first hand one of these explosions? If you read and understood the above, you can see that a simple bolt in sprag/roller clutch will do little to nothing to prevent a roller clutch failure of this type. Rarely is the problem of the outer race turning in the case a factor in a drum explosion. Not to say that a bolt in roller clutch is not a good thing, just that it will not help with this type of failure. The stock and most aftermarket roller clutches for the 727 utilize 12 rollers and springs. The super sprags from A&A and Coan have 16 elements. These units may offer some relief from this type of sprag failure simply because with the added elements there is less room for the legs to bend back far enough to allow the rollers to slip or fall out of place. The 16 element clutches are probably a good idea not only for this reason but also their added holding power"

Even if you have a Billet/Steel drum

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd