Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By crabman173
Here is the THING
W-2 heads are easy to find and afford--It is ALL of the other items that you need like the valves--The ROCKER Gear! The Headers, The intakes etc that are going to wipe you out and then when you run it ya go --Ummm..Should have went with something else for sure--They were designed to go faster than the racers were going at that time using a tunnel ram, 4 speed, and a Pot Load of RPM--so in that time doing that job they were better but now?????? No way!
Trick Flow SB's coming soon no reason to think they will not change the landscape like the Big Block units have done--You price quality W-2 rockers get it all bolted in then observe the stupid push rod angle on the intakes and you will see for yourself

I don't really care what TF does, you will never make power with that architecture and not use an offset rocker.

Pushrod angle is a bit of an issue, but it can be overcome.

Any engine over 375 inches needs a minimum of a W-2 head.

This post proves what I've been saying for decades. Chrysler guys won't spend the money on real race parts. They complain about everything from rockers to headers.

This is why Dart, and anyone else around wont make [censored] for the Chrysler crowd. They can make more money building another head with early 1960's architecture, increase the port volume and add a big intake valve to make it look good on a flow bench and then market the hell out of that you can use a stock, stamped rocker on it.

It will never change.

Agreed.....
Some guys have ran good with standard stuff but they are few between. I ran w2s with arrow porting for a very short time, went 9.83@134. 3100lb, 727, way back in 06 without trying, the most run of the mill 408, only having a handful of runs on combo..., a good head imop. A lot of people will say otherwise, I don't see it at the track tho, just my opinion.

Last edited by greendart408; 11/15/18 11:34 PM.