Originally Posted By Pyper70
Originally Posted By Black_Bee
Originally Posted By Pyper70
Exxxxxxxcellent.... That's what I want to hear... How did you deal with the lack of shoulder restraint and your new pedal power?

Do you have a harness now?

I had already installed retractable 3-point belts front and rear. I got them from https://www.wescoperformance.com. "WELR-L" for the fronts, and "WELR" for the rear.

beer

I am assuming to install that on your Bee that you welded a threaded bracket to the roof above and behind the headliner?

With a '69, the front uses the existing three points that the factory used... both sides of the seat, and one up above the door where factory strap was. The seat belts I used have a drop arm that lowers the top to your shoulder.

For the rear, there is an existing location for a shoulder harness in the package tray. A rear shoulder strap was an extremely rare factory option back in 1969 and the pass through for the belt is already there, or just needs to be knocked out. The seat belt is bolted to the factory locations, and the retracting mechanism needs a hole drilled and a plate attached (welded or not) to bolt to. the strap is passed through the package tray, and it all looks like its factory installed from the inside.

It was all surprisingly easy to do, and certainly makes me fill a bit safer having my kids back there.

beer

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo