Originally Posted By bigblk66_coronet
i need some advice. I,m looking to upgrade my valve train set up. I'm still running stock set up. Its a 30 over 440,10 1/2:1 ,292 purple shaft,727, 3:23 gear. The car runs low 12's now. Its a street car and i drive it everywhere. What brand do you guys recomomend? i would rather spend the money and buy the good stuff once. Thanks...joe

Contact Mike at B3 racing engines and have him set you up with a set of rockers and his geometry correct kit at the same time and save yourself a huge hassle.

I've run unbushed alumni rockers with as high as 320 on the seat and 800 over the nose and never hurt one from spring pressure. A couple of lifter failures killed some though. But that's not an issue.

If you do get some wear in an aluminum rocker you can send them to RAS and get them bushed.

I rather like stainless steel rockers the best. Like I said, call Mike and see what he says. IIRC he is a dealer for PRW rockers and again, IIRC he likes the PRW stainless rockers.

I'm not a fan of needle bearings in a rocker arm.

EDIT: or see if mprhound above will sell you his RAS rockers. Those things were beautiful pieces. You will still need the B3 geometry correction kit though. In fact, you need that with ANY rocker you buy, and color and/or materiel doesn't matter.

Last edited by madscientist; 11/12/18 12:15 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston