Originally Posted By 1964superstock
I would suggest calling A-1, and order a 8 inch converter. I have a 8 inch tight 4800 RPM stall converter in my 505 stoker, with 4:10 dana. Nothing but fun, works so nice, perfect drivability on the street, no slop. Stomp on the gas and holy crap, it flashes to 4800 in an instant and takes off. Very good product, no complaints, custom made per my dyno sheet, and car specs. May be a little more $$ than some, but is worth it in my opinion. Give them a call, you won't be disappointed. Very nice guys to talk with also.
FYI...Dave Smith at Pro-Trans built my 727, and recommended that I order a 8 inch A-1 converter. I trusted his recommendation, glad I did.

https://www.a-1perf.com/

I had A1 work on my nine inch Continental converter and Mikes Ultra Glide after it broke. It lasted 12 runs before it broke again down
I paid them to fix it again and it has lasted a little bit longer this time, so far luck work
If and when I have another glide converter built it will be a ATI up
I have used Dave at Pro Trans for years on my Mopar trans. cars up
He is building me a all out 727 now for one of my customers street and show car with a 800 HP pump gas 572 EFI Hemi motor, hopefully he will be able to supply me with a good converter for that car also luck
OP, buy the best converter you can get up scope
Not the cheapest tsk

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/26/18 01:06 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)