I've used SEM over the decades, dosen't matter, light to dark, dark to light... here's my 70 Charger interior, the seats upholtery, headliner and lower door panels are white Legendary repros, but the upper soft pads, arm rests, seat plastic hardware/trim, back window trim and other assorted panels and metal/plastic trim pcs were all black originaly, color changed with SEM, I DON"T use the adhesion promoter, I've found that causes the finish topcoat to take forever to fully dry (weeks)...

I just "wash" everything in lacquer thinner and clean white rags several times to leach out any oils/silicone/etc and make the surface "raw" for good adhesion (just allow some time between washes to let the vinyl/plastic "breath" as lacquer thinner is very aggressive), I recommend you spray from a gun for best results, and thin layers, allowing for flash time between coats, avoid one coat coverage and thick build up, for all light colors I finish with a final coat of SEM's satin or low lustre clear depending on what sheen your trying to achieve, the Low Lustre clear is basically invisible and does not alter the color/tint, and aids in cleaning without disturbing the color fastness...

I did this interior over 14 yrs ago and it still looks as fresh as day 1 with ZERO issues...

Mike

chargerinterior5.jpgchargerinterior4.jpgchargerinterior3.jpg