Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By BradH
Synthetic is a "peace of mind" thing for me. Years ago I recall seeing some tests showing at what temperature conventional ATF started to break down vs synthetic, and that persuaded me that I'd be better off w/ synthetic.

If I can’t hurt Dextron 3 or type F I think you are fine. A powerglide and transbrake really test how good your fluid is. Zero issues

Is that before or after you drove 100+ miles one way to the track every weekend for a month?

All I'm pointing out is that I don't think we're all looking at it from the same perspective. The OP said a street/strip car w/ a high-stall converter, which fits with my experiences.

As I said above, not everyone is going to take the same approach that I do (and that applies to a LOT of things laugh2 ), so I don't know why people feel the need to reply in a manner that insinuates that I'm "wrong" and they're "right".

People -- obviously -- should run whatever they want. I'm glad others have good results doing different things than I do, since I know how much it can cost to make bad choices that hurt reliability & performance. However, the guy asked for an opinion and I provided mine because his application sounds very similar to mine.