Not sure its really possible to easily blow up a stock cammed 383 if you keep oil in the pan.

Back in the 80's my cousin worked for a towing company in Northern California. One day he was tasked with getting a '69 383 roadrunner they had impounded ready for sale. He asked me to follow him & the Roadrunner a couple miles from the impound yard to the main storefront because they already had a buyer lined up for the next day.

What I witnessed next flat blew me away and I was laughing my ass off in amazement.

So my Cousin pulls up to a stop to make a right to go over an overpass across I-80. He then pops the Torqueflight into neutral,floors it, and somewhere near the stratosphere drops the now screaming 'Runner into low. The whole car lurched up & forward and I swear the 8 3/4 was going to come flying out of there and hit me since I was right behind him in my 'Bee. Tires vaporized instantly and after about 150 feet he popped 2nd and the tires stayed lit, engine screaming for mercy like I'd never heard a 383 rev before. He repeated this drill 3 more times on the way.

The next day, buyer shows up, she fires the now violated 'Runner up, purrs like a kitten, no strange noises at all, takes it for a test drive, runs, shifts, and drives great. She forks out $700, closes the deal and motors off happy as a clam!

'68 Bee 383/TF/Factory Air...high school sweetheart
'67 GTX Clone project,500 six pack,Hemi4-speed,Dana
05 Dodge Viper, 505 V-10, 6-speed Tremec